Housed in a renovated church built in 1825, Terrapin is one of the Hudson Valley's most intriguing restaurants. With vaulted ceilings and oversize windows juxtaposed alongside original woodwork and sleek modern lighting, the interior of the restaurant is at once dramatic and intimate. An eclectic New American menu offers a diverse array of choices and flavors, cycling between French (seared foie gras with apple demi-glace), Italian (numerous pastas), American (mini burgers on brioche rolls), Mexican (duck quesadillas), Chinese (gingered leek and tofu pot stickers), Thai (lemongrass crab soup) and other cuisines.
Chef Josh Kroner is resolutely devoted to locally grown and harvested produce. His greens are sourced from Sky Farm, vegetables and fruit from Migliorelli Farm, potatoes from Brittany Hollow, dairy and ice cream from Ronnybrook Farm and so on. Thankfully, in this case such a commitment comes at no cost to the quality of the ingredients since the restaurant is located in the bountiful Hudson Valley. Terrapin's wine list is thoughtful, though I'm afraid that locavorism isn't a desirable trait when it comes to stocking your cellar and New York wines are overrepresented on Terrapin's wine list.
Terrapin also includes an adjacent bistro space, dominated by a long, snaking red bar, where more casual pub fare and numerous beers on top are offered.
6426 Montgomery Street
(845) 876-3330 Mon-Fri, 11:30am-9pm; Sat-Sun, 11:30am-10pm
- Josh Kroner, Chef
- Hudson Valley
- American (Nouveau)
- Best Decor
RECOMMENDED DISHES See All
- Duck Quesadilla Wedge
- Mini Burger on Brioche Roll
- Macadamia-Nut Tempura Calamari - Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- Barbecued Duck Quesadilla with Mango-Avocado Salsa - Tangy Braised Duck, Red Onions & Fontina Cheese
- Seared Chile-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Citrus Aioli - Served with Cilantro-Lime Avocado and a Small Mesclun Salad
- Pumpkin Ravioli - Pecans, Oven Dried Tomatoes and Brown Butter-Sherry Sauce
- Maple Brined Double-Thick Pork Chop with Calvados-Apple Demi-Glace - Topped with Crushed Maple-Bacon Almonds and Served with Sweet Potato Gratin
- Crispy Skin La Belle Farm Duck Breast with Cassis Glaze - Sweet Onion-Yukon Gold Potato Gratin
- Create a Sandwich: Hudson Valley Cattle Company Hamburger